During my practicum I discovered the importance of forming
relationships with students. This was evident through many interactions I had
with students and how they influenced the way that I taught day to day. Each
day I would have a plan. Although I thought when I began this journey, that it
is important to get through the lesson plan, it is more important to read the
students and let them guide their learning. This turned my plan, which was
never actually set in stone, into a guideline. The image on this card
represents the students in my class. Each dove as each student, where some may
need the same thing from a lesson, and others need differentiation, or even
just some additional DPA. Although every child in my class was a student, they
were individual and had differing needs. This led me to push my practice as a
teacher and include more activity, hands-on experiences, discovery learning,
peer support and small groups to increase engagement of students in order to
maximize their learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment